Wednesday, December 10, 2008

House of Sick

December has begun with a bang for me this year. Let me give you a glimpse of my schedule:
2nd: work
3rd: volunteering at the Festival of Trees
4th: Junior League meeting, then book club meeting (which I didn't make it to because my JL meeting ran too late.)
5th: work
6th: my mother-in-laws family work party (kids movie at the theatre, then visit from Santa). After this party, Caden started screaming about his ear, so I took him to an urgent care facility, where they confirmed his ear infection. We got antibiotics and went home. We had planned on going downtown to look at the lights, but cancelled it because of Caden. We decided to go to Thanksgiving Point instead, since they have a drive though light display. Ciara developed a fever of 102 that night as well.
7th: church. Kids and Rocky stayed home, but I had to go and teach my wild 8 year olds (only 3 weeks left!). Caden also started to have diarrhea because of his antibiotics (they had to give him a stronger one since he was on amoxicillian 6 weeks ago for a previous ear infection).
8th: work, and sick kids.
9th: we skipped ballet because both kids were getting increasingly worse. Caden had stopped peeing, and wasn't eating because of his stomach problems, and Ciara still had a fever. I took both kids into the Dr. He told me to stop Caden's antibiotics, and then both kids have a viral infection that we just have to wait out. Great. Then I had to make cookies, go to work, and then head over to a cookie party (where I ate too many delicious cookies).
Now, here we are on the 10th. Both kids are still sick. Caden, I think, is starting to do better. But I was up with him from 3am until 4:30 am going to the bathroom. I think I may have forgot to mention, Caden has somehow potty trained himself in the middle of all this. We are not wearing underwear yet (until this diarrhea is finished, I don't want to put underwear on him) but I have been impressed that he makes it to the potty most of the time. So I am exhausted. I haven't had an uninterrupted night of sleep since the kids got sick (Saturday). I am watching my nephew today, but we are not going anywhere. I need to catch up. I haven't been able to check my email in 2 days, and when I finally did I had 87 emails. We have a packed schedule for the rest of the week as well. Tonight, we are all getting together to decorate my family's tree, tomorrow I have a luncheon, and then (if the kids are better) my sister-in-laws are taking the kids to zoo lights. Friday, Rocky and I have a Christmas party with friends, Saturday is the trek to see my grandma, then hopefully to see the lights downtown. Sunday is my sis-in-law's birthday. This is not a good time to have sick kids. I just hope they get better soon! Sorry that I haven't seen a lot of you in a while, as you can read, I have been busy!

2 comments:

Jen said...

When it rains it pours doesn't it! I am sorry to hear about your lousy time. Hopefully it will get better soon.

SandGs Mom said...

uummm, are you clipping toenails at grandma's on saturday is or is loo's turn?