Monday, March 26, 2012

Six Days

The countdown is on.
Only 6 more days until . . . . 
We become small business owners.
That sentence scares me.
A LOT.
It is a huge leap (of faith, finance, etc.), but something that Rocky has always aspired to do.
He always said he wanted to run his own architecture firm, and he is about to do that.
I guess since we still have 6 days to go, anything could change within that time frame.
But provided that everything goes as planned . . .
The other thing that has me nervous (besides the financial risk, and the fact that we have employees to worry about) is that I will be working now as well.
I haven't worked (outside the home) in 8 years.
I am terrified when I think of helping run this business.
What will I do with the kids during the summer while I have to be at the office?
What if I totally mess it all up and we lose it all?
I could play the "what if" game all day long.
These are the things that go through my head ALL DAY LONG.
I have spent many hours (days, weeks, months) in prayer.
That is really the only reason I haven't completely freaked out yet.
Only 6 more days (and then the rest of my life).

2 comments:

Jess said...

You are both super smart cookies so i am confident you will be amazing! I imagine MANY very successful small business owners once felt just how you are feeling but in the end are so happy they followed their heart/mind/prayers/gut. ; >)
Best of luck in your new and exciting adventure. You will be in our thoughts and prayers!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Now you've got me freaked out! ;) but I know you'll do well and I'm glad you've been inprayer...good job Nic!