Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obama in the Jury Room

Today I had jury duty. I was dreading this for so long. For those of you that don't know, the last time I had jury duty, I was put on a trial that lasted 3 days. I was also 7 months pregnant, with a 1 year old at home. It was a horrible experience. Luckily, today, they settled out of court, so we were all released. While waiting, the coordinator put the inauguration on his laptop so we could all watch. It wasn't my ideal place to watch this historical event, but it was kind of neat to see everyone clap after he was inaugurated, and to see how much attention we were all paying to his speech. Yay for Obama! And where have I been this past week? I don't know why I haven't been blogging. I must have been busy. I did go and visit a good friend of mine in Ft Worth. I had the best time! I was so sad to leave Tiina, and hope to visit again. We ate so much food (and I tried Taco Bueno, and don't get what all the fuss is about). Mainly, we just talked and talked and talked. Do you all have friends where it doesn't seem to matter how long you have been apart, but you seem to pick up right where you left off whenever you do get together? Tiina is like that for me. I hadn't seen her in almost 2 years, but it didn't seem that way. I still miss you Tiina! I was also introduced the "Flight of the Conchords" while in TX. I will post you a clip from "Business Time" which makes me laugh every time I watch it.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Hey! Can I get me a number or email to reach Rocky? WE are needing some plans done and wondered if he could do them or if he knew of someone to recommend. Thanks! Jess

Jen said...

Lucky for you to have jury duty done! I feel for you because when I had jury duty is was for 10 days!!!

Beebs said...

Oh I soooo love business time!! Cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

It makes me sooo happy to hear you say that!!! I miss you, too. Sooooo much!!! I had the BEST time! Please come back and visit soon... we'll eat so much yummy food!