Friday, February 20, 2009

Work, and Birthdays

I know that I said I was going to blog about the octuplet lady, but I just can't.  I am so sick of hearing about her, that I don't want to add to it.  I will say she seems a little crazy, and I feel bad for all those kids.
I have been thinking a lot lately about going back to work.  Yes, I kind of work now, but I work maybe 10 hours per week.  I just like to imagine all the monetary benefits of me working.  Plus, it would keep me busy so I wouldn't be tempted to spend money.  (When I get bored I tend to buy things).  But I worry about the kids.  My current job allows me to bring the kids with me, which is great for the amount of hours I work.  However, it might get more difficult trying to bring them with me more.  I don't think they would like being there for 5 or 6 hours straight.  Ciara is starting kindergarten in the fall, which means she will be gone every day.  (I can't believe she is that old).  I just wish I had picked a better major.  Why didn't I do nursing when I had the chance?  
I am also trying to find a fun place to have the kids' birthday party.  I am not having it at home, so I have been looking at different places.  I think my top 2 are Young Chefs Academy, or Bouncin' off the Walls.  If anyone has any other suggestions, let me know!  

2 comments:

Al said...

The U has an accelerated nursing degree program for people who already have a bachelor's degree. You should look into it. I think it takes one year.

Nicole said...

I have thought numerous times why didn't I do something that would be more useful now that I am a mom....like hair or a hygenist (I wish I had done the latter).

Good luck trying to decide.

Kris is having Lexi's bday party at Bouncin off the walls...Danielle or Natalie will have to report to you how it was.