Sunday, March 8, 2009

Karma

So the funeral is over.  It was considerably sad, but I hope that the healing process can now begin.  I titled this Karma, because I have a small update.  After my FIL was so rude, he had a small incident.  He was having his lunch in his car in a Home Depot parking lot (this sounds strange, but he does this quite regularly) when he started to fall asleep (also quite normal for him).  He says he felt some one hop in the back of his truck, so he woke up and ran out to see what was going on.  There were 2 guys stealing one of his saws.  He chased them, and caught up with them but they threw him to the ground.  He was hurt, not seriously, but enough that he has been sore for a while.  I feel bad that this happened.  But my first thought was that karma will get you every time.  He has since let the dogs sleep at their house with my SIL, but they have to stay somewhere else during the day.  
On another note, I went to the new Nordstrom yesterday.  It is beautiful.  It is large, and pretty, and they have so much stuff.  I could spend hours in there.  But I didn't have time.  I found an Easter outfit for Caden.  This sounds easy, but since Rocky has banned all sweater vests, this is harder than it sounds.  I had to find something that did not require a vest, and most Easter outfits for boys are all about the sweater vest.  I found one, and Rocky has approved, so mission accomplished.  
One other interesting thing happened.  On Wednesday at the gym there was an incident.  For those of you not in Utah, we had some pretty serious wind on Wednesday.  As I went out to get in the car to leave, I noticed a car parked at a weird angle to mine, blocking me.  I went back inside to find out what was going on, and it turns out that the wind had blown a car out of it's parking place and across the lot into the car next to me, just brushing mine.  The worst part was they couldn't find the owner, so no one could move the car.  And I had to pick Ciara up from school.  I talked to the manager of the gym, and was very disappointed in him.  He basically said, "Well, there isn't anything we can do.  Sorry."  And then left.  That was it.  I was really upset by that.  I called the police, and they came out.  I felt really bad for the people parked next to me, and they got almost all of the damage.  I had a small scrape on my bumper, but as soon as I was able to leave, I took off so I could get Ciara.  I still have no idea whose car it was.  Ciara's school was great, they just let her play until I was able to get there, but I still felt so bad.  I wonder what this says about my karma . . .

4 comments:

LoriLoo310 said...

Karma will always be after you, as it is with all older siblings. Karma's the one thing we younger ones have on our side.

SandGs Mom said...

i can't believe he responded like that. What a jerk. They should have been all over getting the car moved. I wonder who belonged to the car!!

Brandi Colby said...

The owner... isnt that the guy with cheap suits and boobies?? Yea. He's got a lot of karma coming his way anyway...

Jen said...

What a wild week for you! I hope this week is better.