Thursday, March 1, 2012

Beverly Hills, 90210

I can't believe it has been almost a month since my last post.
Where does the time go?
(I feel like I say this a lot)
Let's see. . . .what is new?
Well, I am now the 2nd counselor in Relief Society.
(For those wondering, Relief Society is the woman's organization of my church, and 2nd counselor is like being a VP)
I am still teaching the teenage Sunday school, so that means that on this coming Sunday, I get to teach the teenagers, and then immediately following, teach the adult women.
I am TERRIFIED of teaching the adults.  
I have only taught kids before.
Not full-grown, opinionated, knowledgeable women.
Plus, I am in charge of the entertainment of all these women (plus more) at an activity in 2 weeks.
Talk about pressure!
And since this is my first time doing anything like this, I really feel the need to impress.
In order to combat this pressure, I have found that the Soap Network airs old 90210 episodes during the day.
Many of my day recently have been spent watching the high school years of Brenda, Brandon, Dylan, Kelly, Donna, David, Steve and Andrea.
It makes me think of being in middle school.
(talk about pressure)
If I can get through middle school (in Oklahoma, no less) then a little responsibility as an adult shouldn't stress me out, should it?
(I am currently watching an episode now, where Steve makes a half court shot for $10,000.  Talk about drama!)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

You'll be great in RS...it is so fun. I have done that calung and loved it. :) and teenage girls are harder to teach.

Remember watching 90219 @ tri delt. House. That was awesome.

SandGs Mom said...

oh nici, you'll be fine. No, you'll be great. Plus you're at church. If anyone judges you, they'll be struck by lightning and sent straight to hell.