Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hoping and Hopping

I can't believe the Holiday season is already here!  
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, with lots of family in town for the occasion.
We spent some time in Hershey, ate our way through Philadelphia (literally, it was a food tour of the city), and had lots of fun!
I decorated the house for Christmas (with the help of my sister and parents).
And now I need to get some presents under the tree.
And one other big change:
A new job for Rocky.
Yes, another one.  
I have to ask, "Seriously?"
I am tired of the job hopping.  I know that it is mainly economy based, since architects seem to be hit pretty hard during this time.  I am grateful that he has been able to maintain employment even though we seem to move a lot.  
I am not moving this time though.  At least, not yet.  
The job is in State College, which is over an hour away.  Neither of us are looking forward to the commute, but that should show how desperate he was to leave his current position.  
Today is his last day, and I hope it goes well.  Apparently they are trying to get him to sign some document stating he cannot market to anyone within a 50 mile radius.  
Again, SERIOUSLY?  Why would he sign that?  Are they crazy?
I could have a whole other blog with stories from his boss.
We also have more guests coming out after Christmas, so I am preparing for the craziness to start again!
I will miss all the parties back home with everyone.
I have been contemplating having my own party here, but can't decide when to do it.  
I was thinking New Year's, but I don't want to host a party while I have a house full of guests.
Maybe another day, or another year!

1 comment:

The Fergy Bunch said...

I am sorry to hear about the job. That's contact is a normal one, a sucky but common contact. I just called Cory to tell him about it and he knew the name of the contact immediately. He said he would give Rocky a call, cuse he is curious to know if he will be teaching. Hope all other is going well there.