Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Looking Back

I did not blog much last year. 
You would think that not much happened. 
The opposite is actually true. 
I guess that so much kept happening that I was unable to keep up!
A quick recap of 2010:
Rocky started a new job.
Moved 2200 miles to Lewisburg, Pennsylvania.
Bought a house in Selinsgrove (so another move, but not so far).
Ciara and Caden attended 3 different schools.
All of my grandmothers died.
Rocky started another new job, but this time in State College.
New church callings (Sunday school teacher for me, Elder's Quorum Presidency for Rocky)
Lots of exploring!
(NYC, DC, Philadelphia, Lancaster, Baltimore, Hershey)
We have now officially lived in PA for 1 year.
I feel like I have learned some things.
1.  I am still fascinated with the Amish.
2.  Small country down does not always equal less diversity.
3.  I am a pretty good baker.
4.  40 degrees here is MUCH colder than 40 degrees in Utah or Colorado.
5.  Snow is not always powdery.
6.  Probably most importantly, Heavenly Father has his hand in all things.  I don't understand a lot of it right now, and a lot of things have not gone as planned (aka jobs) but I still know there is a purpose to all of this. 
I will also have to post some pictures of my new hobby, crocheting! 
I have been making baby hats constantly.
Not sure why, since I have no babies myself.
Considering starting and Etsy store to sell them. 

3 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for the recap - we miss you guys, but are so happy to hear it's been a good year even with all the change and adjustments.

Can't wait to see your hats!!

Xoxo

Lisa said...

You should definitely sell your hats on etsy! We love the one you sent us!

Amy Jo Bugenhagen said...

Wow, you have had quite a year! I guess if you've been hear fora year, I've known you for a year and loved every moment! You make me laugh, and I will vouch for you being a great baker.