Friday, January 28, 2011

Missionary Work

Missionary work is a big thing for the Mormons.
Especially out here where we are few and far between.
We are taught that every member is a missionary.
I struggle with this.
For me, my beliefs are such a personal and private thing that I have a hard time bringing it up to other people.
However, I have a plan.
I will be a stealth Mormon. 
I will just be the wonderful, perfect person that I am.
I won't tell anyone that I am LDS.
Everyone will want to be like me.  
They will see my wonderfulness, and strive to do everything that I do.
Including . . . 
Go to my church.
When they find out what church it is, they will be so consumed with thoughts of being like me that they will gladly follow me into church.
How is that for a plan?
(In case you couldn't tell, I am being extremely sarcastic.  I really don't expect people to want to emulate me.  However, if you do decide to be just like me, contact me and I can give you some pointers.)

We do feed our young missionaries on a regular basis, and have enjoyed getting to know all of them.

Here are our missionaries hard at work.

They built some snowmen and decorated them with their pass along cards.  
Must have been a slow day.

No comments: