Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Addiction

It seems like most of my blogs lately have been by my brother in law.  I guess I need to get on here more often.
If you haven't noticed my new feature, it is my book shelf.  I have been lost in the world of books lately.  Rocky gets so mad when I read, basically because I kind of check out of reality for a while.  Reading is kind of like my heroin, or crack.  I just can't get enough.  Unfortunately, I am a really fast reader, so I finish books within a few days, which always leaves me searching for something new to read.  And I love to buy books.  For most people, this is a waste, since many only read books once.  I, however, can read them over and over again.  I can't tell you how many times I have read "The Glass Lake" or "Beach Music."  I have also read the Harry Potter series about 5 times so far (and I just started to read HP in the past year).  I have tried to read longer books, like "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" but that just got a little to technical/boring for me.  It did take me a while to finish.  I recommend all books on my shelf right now, with the exception of "The Host."  I didn't hate it, but I just don't know how I feel about it right now.  I finished it last night, and will have to read it again to give it a second chance.  I am considering taking the kids to the gym and dropping them off at the child center so I can go and lounge by the pool and read.  Is that wrong?
Here are some recent pics of the kids:
This is Ciara and her friend Sophie in Denver.  They were playing naked for some reason.
Ciara at her school program.
Ciara with her teacher, Miss Marci.
One of Caden, so he doesn't feel left out.

No comments: