Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Winning the Lottery

So, when I am just sitting here, or surfing the internet for houses, I always love to look at houses I cannot afford.  Then I start to dream of winning the lottery.  This is ultimately impossible, since I don't buy lottery tickets, and since Utah doesn't have the Powerball.  But I still dream that I somehow come across millions of dollars.  One of the first things I would do would be to give family some money.  Yes, Lori and Brandon, I would give you a significant sum, maybe $500,000 or more depending on how much I were to come into.  Then my parents would be the next to get some.  I am not too sure how much I would give them, since they have so much already, but definitely enough so they could have some fun and go a little crazy.  We could pay off all the student loans, Rocky could get a new car, I would fix that stupid indention in my bumper that some one gave me.  Then I would be all about the real estate.  I know that Rocky would want to build a house, but I am not too sure about that.  That could take forever.  I just love to look at the mls listings and imagine myself living in these gourmet kitchens, manicured lawns, covered decks, fireplaces, jetted tubs, craftsman style houses.  Then I wonder, where would I live?  Hmmmm.  Not too sure.  I would keep my minivan, but maybe also get a small car for the times that I run around without the kids.  Maybe a Mini?  I think I would reserve the sports car for when the kids are older.  We would travel all over the world, show the kids where I have lived, and how other people live.  The kids college funds would be taken care of, they could go to the private school I would like for them to attend.  And I could decorate my new house with elegance and taste (at least in my mind).  Restoration Hardware would be my first stop, Williams Sonoma would be on my list too.  I would also have to have a little shopping spree for myself as well.  New clothes, shoes, jewelry, sunglasses, purses, etc.  I may also have to start getting spa treatments monthly: pedicures, massages, etc.  Melting Pot would become a monthly visit for me.  Do I sound a little obsessed with money?  Perhaps . . .

3 comments:

SandGs Mom said...

don't forget your homies.

Brandi said...

I often have the same dream...waking up from those daydreams sucks!!

Monica said...

You're not alone-I often dream about the same thing. Wouldn't it be great? Then I always wonder if it would every really happen?!