Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What Do I Want To Smell Like?

I hope that many of you have decided to go into Goldsmith Jewelers and get your free pearl necklace!  If that goes well, then I may get invited to other events and have more free stuff for you.  So please help me (help you).
I have been on another perfume hunt.  For some reason, I love perfume.  My mom has never worn it, so I don't know where this obsession comes from.  I try to find my "signature" scent (the one scent that is a staple and that when other people smell it will think of me).  But every time I finish one bottle, I find a new scent that I like better than the last.  I also notice that my perfume can vary depending on my mood.  So in the quest for a new smell, I thought I would tell you all what some of my past favorites have been.  Maybe someone else out there knows what my perfect perfume would be.  If you do, let me know!  
1.  Laila by Guir Ness
 This was one of my first grown-up perfumes.  I used the Bath and Body works stuff, and the Body Shop stuff for many many years. (My smell of choice in high school was Vanilla. Not the flowery vanilla you find today, but true vanilla. I wish I could find it again).  I found Laila at Nordstrom on accident.  My Aunt likes to spray random perfumes on me as we walk through the department.  One day she sprayed this on me, and I really liked it.  I used it for about 3-4 years.  I tried to get it again, and I still like it, but there are just so many good smells that I found another one to replace it.
2.  Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel
When we took a trip to NYC after I got married, I knew that I wanted to do some shopping at Saks Fifth Avenue. I decided to sample some perfumes while I was there.  That is where I found this one.  It will always remind me of NYC, but I haven't worn it since.  It has a kind of strange (to me) base that I just couldn't get over.  I like the top notes, very floral, but after a while I just got sick of it.  NYC is also wear I first discovered No. 5 (which will be mentioned later.)
3.  Ginger by Origins
This was my pregnancy perfume. I couldn't wear any of my other favorites while I was pregnant because the smell of them made me want to vomit. But this warm fragrance worked. I still have a huge bottle of it, and I have tried it since my last pregnancy, but it just doesn't have the same appeal.  I still enjoy the smell, but not all over me anymore.  The bath stuff I still like, and I don't mind ginger shower gel, but having the perfume of it it just a little too intense.  I do recommend it for pregnant people!
4.  Light Blue by Dolce and Gabana
I found this one in Denver. Rocky and I were at the Cherry Creek Art Festival which happens to take place right outside the Cherry Creek Mall (best mall ever if you ask me).  I sprayed a few perfumes on me while we walked around the festival, and I drove Rocky crazy asking him to smell different parts of my arm and tell me which one he liked best.  I eventually picked this one, and really enjoyed the citrusy scent.  There is another scent that I found that is very similar to this, but I can't remember what it is called.  My sister likes it, but she doesn't think the two are similar.  I think she just can't smell.
5.  Bright Crystal by Versace
(Currently wearing).  This was my last find.  I love how feminine it smells.  But I am almost out.  So begins my perfume search.  I smelled all the other Versace's since I have enjoyed this one so much.  I really like Versace Signature.  I am hoping to receive this for Mother's Day.  So if you know me, and this I smell not so great, then I should probably stay away from Versace.  I have noticed that some fragrances do not do well on my skin.  My husband really like "Lucky You" by Lucky Jeans, but it turns sour on me.  Not sure why.  
Honorable Mention:  Chanel No. 5 is also in my closet right now.  I got this for Christmas many years ago.  I only wear this on special occasions.  It is such a heavy scent that I can't wear it during the day.  But I still enjoy it.  

1 comment:

Beebs said...

I don't know if I Can help you cause sounds like you like more warmer scents. I like citrusy flowery stuff. But, I'm just like you and am ALWAYS looking. To smell good is to look good in my opinion. I am currently using either Daisy by Marc Jacobs or London by Burberry. Go to Ulta and browse!!