Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Devious Child

I will post the obligatory Halloween pictures soon, I just don't have my camera handy and I thought I would share this lovely story.
Yesterday morning before school Ciara commented on how it would be a good day to wear her flip-flops to school since they were not having recess.  I explained that it is way too cold to wear them, and also I don't allow her to wear them to school.  She said OK and put on her regular shoes and socks.  I sent her off to school and that was that.  She comes home from school and is wearing her flip-flops.  I asked her where she got them, to which she replied, "In my backpack."  I asked her when she put them on, and she told me that she changed her shoes while she was in line waiting to go into her class.  I couldn't believe it.  I didn't think I would have to worry about her changing her clothes at school until she was about 14.  What other 5 year old would take different shoes to school to change into?  What kind of devil child am I raising??
(On a totally different note, my Frye boots are so comfy!  I could wear them all day and not complain!)

2 comments:

Jen said...

She may be "devious" but at least she has a little independent streak to her! I like that!

Angi said...

Well I think its been nice enough to wear flip-flops so i'm on her side. Mia and I have ours on right now!