Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bored Beyond Belief

Yes, I am bored. PA is nice, and I think I will be very happy here, but for now I am bored. I have no friends, and that is why I am bored. I have no house, which also contributes to the boredom. OK, we technically are living in a house, but it is a rental, and not one that we are planning on living in for too much longer. I have to TV, and no internet, so besides being bored, I feel completely cut off from civilization. I may go crazy. I spend tons of time at the library sucking up all the free internet that I can handle. I miss my friends and family. I need some entertainment. Please email me or call me. I am SO BORED. On the positive side, it has definitely made us more connected as a family. We pretty much just have each other to depend on, which is nice in some ways. But I still need friends. I know it takes time to make them, but couldn't I just run into someone and have them say, "Would you be my friend?" It worked that way in elementary school, why not now? We also now have a pet. We got a guinea pig. She is black and white and 5 months old and called Daisy. The kids are in love with her, but she is still quite shy. She hides most of the day, but we are working on getting her used to us.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so sorry! Before you know it you will be so busy you won't know what to do! Here's a book I just read that you might like I did. It's called Honolulu about a picture bride from Korea at the turn of the 20th century. It's good to hear from you...Anna misses seeing Ciara.

SandGs Mom said...

1) dress up the guinea pig and take her about with you, i'm sure someone would say something - it might not be nice.
2) You make the initiative and ask someone from one of the kids' schools to come for lunch - say, I just moved here and thought I could have you all over. (I know, I know, it is forward)
3) You don't need more friends - you've got me. :) You call me, I don't have long distance at home. Or call waiting. Or cable.
4) Get rabbit ears and you'll have TV. Trust me, It works.
5) Where's the closest JL?

Agnes McCormack said...

Nici I sure wish I could be there so we could just pop out to lunch or something. You are such a fun person to be with - I know you will make tons of friends and will look back on this blog and wish you had a moment to spare.