Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Here in PA

Yes, we made it. Everything is going well, I just don't have access to the internet. We have talked about getting is set up, but we are most likely moving again in April to a more permanent house. This new house is in a different borough (I am working on getting the lingo down) and I can't find any internet providers that service both areas. You would think this wouldn't be too difficult since the 2 places are only about 10 miles apart, but apparently this makes a big difference. I don't know if I can last for another 2 months without the internet in the house, but I may not have a choice. Ciara LOVES her school. After her first day there she told me that she doesn't want to go back to Utah. I am loving it too. I LOVE full day kindergarten. I LOVE the smaller class size. She seems to be much happier at this school. Caden is definitely bored without his sister. I have started him in preschool, but he is still with me most of the day, and we do boring stuff like run errands, and explore different areas. I get a little thrill every time I am at Target and the Amish come in to do their shopping. I am not sure why, but I am fascinated by it all. I am also confused as to the different kinds of Amish and Mennonite. I see some in cars, some texting, some all in black, some in buggies, but they all have skirts and scarves on their heads (or bonnets). I find it simply fascinating. I do miss all my Utah friends and family. I am really quite bored here. I know it will get better once we get settled. I can't wait to unpack everything and decorate. If I can just hold out until April . . .

3 comments:

Agnes McCormack said...

I'm glad to hear things are going well for you all in PA - you are truely missed here in UT. Make sure to post lots of pics when you do get to your new house - take care.

Julie said...

I miss you!! Glad to hear you're getting settled and I'm very jealous of the great schools your family will experience while in PA - makes Utah schools look so pathetic i'm sure.

Hope you are adjusting and enjoying the adventure!

Nancy said...

Glad everything is going well for yall. How is Rocky's job? I hope he likes it.