Monday, June 7, 2010

Single Mom

Lately, I have felt like a single mom.  Rocky has been working so much.  Here is what the past week has been like:
Last Saturday-work until around 5pm.
Sunday-at home.
Monday (Memorial Day)-work.
Tuesday-home for dinner, but back to work until 1am.
Wednesday-work until midnight.
Thursday-work until about 2am.
Friday-HOME!
Saturday-work (all day, until 7pm)
Sunday-HOME!
Monday-work until how knows when.
Tuesday-work again, probably until 2am.
I am glad there is work, because that means he has a job, but seriously??  I am afraid the kids won't recognize him anymore!  I am just really tired of this.  We never have any time together.  Yes, it can be nice to be able to do whatever I want after the kids are in bed, but usually what I want to do is spend time with my husband.  Believe it or not, after almost 10 years of marriage, I still love him and want to be with him!  Most of all, I want to just talk with him.  He is still my best friend, and I rely on him so much more since we have moved.  In short, I miss my husband.  I just needed to vent for a bit.

3 comments:

SandGs Mom said...

:( Aww, that sucks. But it won't be long and you'll be back in the arms of your other lovers.

Nici said...

Are you talking about yourself? Do you know if Ben is still interested in swinging?? :)

Al said...

I was just going to leave a nice, empathetic message about how hard it is living in a new place & having your hubby gone a lot - I can relate. However, I now see you still have your eyes on my man, so suck it! JK. I love you really.