Thursday, June 24, 2010

Slacking

Yes, it has been so long since my last post.  I always think of great things to write about, but then when I finally get on the computer, I forget it all! 
I am enjoying being a homeowner again, however not enjoying all the money that needs to be spent on the house.  I had forgotten how expensive houses can get! 
Our garden is doing quite well.  Although the plants that were supposed to be bell peppers are producing some other kind of pepper.  At first I thought it was a banana pepper.  Then we ate some.  They are definitely NOT banana peppers.  They are WAY too spicy.  Now I am thinking they are Hungarian Wax Peppers.  Still don't know what to do with them all . . .
We have planned a Utah trip at the end of July!  I am very excited to see everyone!  The kids are excited too, and ask everyday if we get to go on the airplane today.  We have 27 days to go!
I have been reading a biography of Queen Victoria.  It is very interesting.  Unlike many royals, she did marry a man she loved, and mourned him for the rest of her life after he died.  But how strange to give birth to children and hand them off to other people to raise them!  Victoria was never a fan of pregnancy and birth, or babies for that matter, but still managed to have 9 of them.  After the first one, she was told the only way to prevent more babies was abstinence.  Apparently, they couldn't do that so they had many children! 
I also watched The Island last night.  It is about a world in which people pay to have clones made.  All these clones live together, but they don't know that they are clones.  One of the reasons people clone themselves is to have babies.   I understand pregnancy is not a piece of cake, but would anyone really clone themselves just to not have to give birth?  I couldn't imagine someone else (even if it were my own clone) giving birth to my children.  It was an interesting movie, a little creepy though. 

No comments: