Friday, September 10, 2010

Pig Wrastling

Yes, I went to a pig wrestling event.  I have been informed by my sister that it should be pronounced "wrastling" since pigs are involved. 
I have some friends who decided to create a team.  The goal is to lift a 200 lb pig onto a platform in the middle of the disgusting mud and poop filled ring, and place a hat on its head.  The team with the shortest time wins.  Our team, consisting of 2 nurses, a professor, and a crew coach placed 3rd.  We were all very proud of them.  It was very funny to watch.  We will definitely be going back next year. 
Besides the pig wresting, they had a corn maze, and many other activities for the kids.  The kids just ran around with their friends, playing in the corn, going down the slide and watching the pigs. 
I have to say, at first I was astounded that I was going to a pig wrestling event, but I ended up having so much fun.  The things you do in the country to stay entertained!
(Also, since school has officially started, I am hoping to keep up with the blogging a bit more!)

No comments: