Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Silver Lining

I try to look at the bright side of things.
Even when I could be complaining (and believe me I do my fair share of it), I do try to look for the positive.
Complaint #1
Our family lives over 2000 miles away.
Silver lining-we are generally left out of the day to day family drama that goes on.  Also, I think we work together when it is just the 4 of us.  Being constantly surrounded by family makes our roles a little muddled-I am not just a wife and mother, but also a daughter, sister, daughter-in-law, etc.
Complaint #2
The plane ride home from said family was AWFUL.  The family in front of us had 2 small children, both of whom threw up all over, and one of which cried the entire 5 hour flight.
Silver lining-We were not that family.  Our kids were so good.  They entertained themselves (yes, the DS had a LOT to do with that), and at one point, Ciara was reading books to Caden.
Complaint #3
Ear Infections.
Ciara had 6 ear infections last winter, and we are already on our second in 3 weeks.
Silver lining-I have already scheduled an appointment with the ENT (who I like), we have health insurance, and good medical care available.
Complaint #4
Flat tire Monday morning.
Silver lining-Rocky had not left for work, so he was able to come to my rescue.  Also, I was very grateful that this happened on a Monday when I was just taking the kids to school as opposed to our 3 hour drive at midnight from the Baltimore airport

I think that is enough complaining for now.
We had a great trip to SLC for Thanksgiving.  I LOVED getting to see everyone (especially Anna, my new niece, and Kylie, my cousin's baby).  The kids had a blast, and didn't want to come home.
But we are now settled back into our routine, and looking forward to Christmas at home (in PA).

No comments: