Monday, January 9, 2012

Our Holiday

I was able to overcome my Grinch-y feeling before Christmas, and we had a wonderful time.
Santa's big gift to the kids this year was a trip to NYC with a stop at the American Girl store, Nintendo World, Lego Store, and FAO Schwartz.  
He did what he could, and wrote them a letter and filled their stockings.
But I think the kids were initially confused.
They came down expecting piles of presents, and instead saw a letter.
After they read it, they were more excited, but it was rather amusing at first to see the confusion on their faces.
For Christmas dinner, we met some friends for Chinese food, which was so fun!
I definitely would do that again, no worrying about cooking, or clean up.
New Year's Eve we went to a friends house as well.
Food, fun, a quick piano concert, and a rubix cube rounded out our evening.
And now we are already past the first week of January.
Time goes by way too quickly.
I hope we have a medically quieter year, no more cancer, tree crushings, or ear infections (or fractured fingers).

2 comments:

Jess said...

One word! Amen!

Jess said...

A couple more I guess.... Loved getting your Christmas card. Now that I have your address I can send you one next year! Kids grow too fast! Do you have a baptism this year too?? Yikes!!