Friday, May 17, 2013

Pet Peeve

I used to be a big fan of Glee.
But I stopped watching because of one small thing.
It was when Emma wouldn't move with Will for his new job.
And then something similar on The Office happened.
Pam didn't want to move for Jim's new career.
This bothers me. 
A LOT.
I am guessing that since I moved so much growing up, I don't see moving as such a big deal.
It is an adventure.
It is usually fun.
And so for these married/engaged couples to just throw away what they have because of a location, I find it wrong.
(Yes, I realize that they are not real couples, and they are fictional characters on the television.)
I hate that they don't find a way to compromise.
That since one wants to move and the other doesn't, they just go their separate ways.
STUPID.
I didn't stop watching The Office because Jim and Pam didn't call it quits.
Jim came back because he realized his family is more important.
Thank you for that Jim.
I was disappointed at the beginning of the finale to see that a year down the road, Jim was still working at Dunder Mifflin.
It made me disappointed in Pam for not supporting him in doing something more.
Luckily, by the end of the show, Pam did do something that was totally redeeming.
Thank you, The Office, for ending Jim and Pam in that manner.
When people grow, they don't always have to grow apart.
They can grow and move on together.


No comments: