Friday, September 20, 2013

Disney 2013

We have been back from Disney for almost a week, and I still find myself in a post-Disney depression.
If I could go back right this instant, I WOULD.
While in Disney, everyone was happy.  We ate at great restaurants, and who doesn't like to start their day with a roller coaster ride?
Plus, it is a place I can have a "yes" week with my kids (say yes to most of their requests), as opposed to the "no" days of home.
I know that there are some Disney haters out there, and that is fine.  
You can think I am crazy.
But we all had a great time.
Here is our week in review:
We stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside hotel (a Disney property).  
The rooms were fine, amenities were fine.
But the resort was so full of people, it kind of made us crazy.
We used the Disney bus system to get from park to park, and for some reason, the lines from a park to our hotel were horrible!  No other resort had as long of lines as ours did.  Still can't figure out why.  So we have decided if we ever do return to the happiest place on earth, we will NOT be staying at the Port Orleans again.  
Day 1: Hollywood Studios.
My kids love HS.  They are both tall enough to go on the Rock'n'Roller Coaster, and it became a favorite of Caden's.  

In front the the Rock'n'Roller Coaster.  Not sure what the gang signs are for.
We also did the Tower of Terror.  Caden loved it, but after 2 times, Ciara decided it wasn't for her.
So we went and found some characters. 
We saw Wreck it Ralph and Venellope, and Sofia the First.
Ciara and Sofia
We stayed to watch Fantasmic, which is the HS night show with water, characters, and a few fireworks.
I had been told that this show was better than Epcot's Illuminations or MK Wishes.
I disagree.  
It was a good show, but I didn't find it as impressive as the other ones.
During the show, they have 2 families answer trivia for prizes, and we got to be one of the families.
The kids were able to answer all the questions correctly, and we won a LOT of popcorn.
They were joking around with what the prize was going to be, and at one point they said we had won a night in Cinderella's castle.  You should have seen the look on Ciara's face!  It took a lot of convincing on my part to get her to understand the truth.


 Day 2: Epcot
Epcot is not our favorite place.  There are only a handful of ride the kids enjoy.  
I, however, LOVE the world showcase.  
I love the food!
(I will do a food review in a separate post.)
We did run into Mary Poppins in England.

Ciara and Mary Poppins.
 Day 3: HS Again
The kids wanted to return and do the Jedi Training again (we did this last time when we were here with my family for Thanksgiving).
We rode the roller coaster and Tower of Terror again, many times, over and over.
Caden also began purchasing swords in almost every store we went to.

Day 4 and 5: Magic Kingdom
This is my favorite place.  It just makes me so happy to see the castles.
We saw many characters and princesses.
While doing Enchanted Tales with Belle, Ciara was selected to act out the part of Mrs. Potts.  She was so excited!
We went on just about every ride, some more than once (Space Mountain), and discovered that my children are HORRIBLE drivers.

Caden learning how to fight like a pirate from Jack Sparrow.

Ciara with Prince Naveen and Tiana.

The kids with Aladdin and Jasmine.
In front of Rapunzel's Tower.
We left the next day after a yummy character breakfast with some great friends (actual friends, not the characters).

No comments: