Wednesday, September 4, 2013

From NYC To Disney!

Last weekend, we had to opportunity to meet up with my mom and aunt in New York City.
They fly in every year to attend the US Open.
Usually, they drive out to see us, but this year we decided to drive in to the city to spend some time with them.
Upon heading into the city, I had entered in the address into the navigation in my car.  
Unbeknownst to me, our hotel address (569 Lexington) has 2 NYC locations:
One in Manhatten (where the hotel is actually located)
and the other in Brooklyn (where my car took us).
We had a lovely tour of the city before we actually made it to the hotel.  
At one point, we passed a place called "Two Bros Pizza."  
There was only one guy working there at the time, so Caden asked, "What happened to the other bro?"
He continued to mention the "other bro" for days, speculating on what may have happened to him.
The next morning, we ate breakfast at the hotel (where Kohlschreiber was also eating!) and then headed out into the city.  American Girl was our first stop, followed by the Nintendo Store, Lego Store and FAO Schwartz.
After that, the girls headed to Broadway to see Newsies, and the guys headed back to the Nintendo Store.
We had such a great time!

 Rockafeller Center


 Playing the giant piano at FAO Schwartz.

Newsies!!

And the coming week, we are taking the kids to DISNEYWORLD!
I am so excited, I can hardly contain myself.
The kids still don't know, and we aren't planning on telling them until we just load them into the car.  
I hope they are as excited as I am!

No comments: