Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Summer Pics and the Beginning of School

Fun with Kippy (one of our favorite lifeguards) on the last day of the pool.
Caden and Kippy
Kippy and the girls.
Caden at Dunkin.  I have to question his fashion choices sometimes.
First Day of school (2nd and 4th grade)


 Ciara has had an easy transition to school.  She loves her teacher and seems to enjoy her classmates.
Caden has had a more difficult time.
For the first week, he cried every night and every morning and begged to be homeschooled.
This is not normal for him.
He LOVED school last year.
But I think his teacher last year set the bar so high that no one else will ever measure up.
If I could somehow bring back Mr Hostetler and make it so that he could just teach Caden for the rest of his school life . . .
In the meantime, Caden has gotten a little better about going to school.
But I do think one of his big problems is that he is truly bored.
He says all the books are too easy, and the math is really boring.
Since he was doing times tables last year and his math this year has consisted of adding 4+7, I can see why he is bored.  I am hoping things will pick up in the coming weeks.
If not, then I will have to do something about it.




No comments: