Friday, September 20, 2013

Food at Disney

 Now, onto the FOOD!
I love eating at Disney. 
We have done the meal plan both times we have visited, and I would do it again.
Yes, it is pricey, and you get a TON of food.
But I love the convenience of eating wherever we want, and getting the kids snacks when they request it.
Yes, there are ways to eat more cheaply, but non quite as convenient.
Over the 2 trips, here is a list of places we have eaten, with a small review after each.
Table Service:
California Grill  (Contemporary Resort)- Not worth using 2 meal points for this restaurant.  We will not return.
O'hana (Polynesian Resort) - Good food, but WAY TOO MUCH!  It reminded me of a Brazilian Steakhouse.
50's Prime Time Cafe (Hollywood Studios) - Great experience!  The kids loved eating here.  Our waiter was wonderful, really got into character.  The food was very good (I think the pot roast or fried chicken is the best).  Plus, the brownie sundae is over the top.
Sanaa (Animal Kingdom Lodge) - Good if you like African/Indian flavors (which we do).  My husband preferred this one over Boma.
Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge) - I enjoyed the variety of food (it is a buffet).  The soups were delicious!
Coral Reef (Epcot) - I would like to go back to this restaurant.  I was so full before we ate that I hardly got to enjoy anything we ate.
Liberty Tree Tavern (Magic Kingdom) - Rocky's favorite.  Thanksgiving every night, and they bring your more of whatever you want.
Whispering Canyon (Wilderness Lodge) - Again, great experience!  Make sure you ask for ketchup.
Crystal Palace (Magic Kingdom) - Will not return.  Mediocre food, and poor service.  The only reason to visit is to see the Winnie the Pooh characters.
Chef Mickey's (Contemporary Resort) - Standard breakfast with the standard characters.  
Tusker House (Animal Kingdom) - Standard (safari) characters, with a good breakfast.
Our group at Chef Mickey's.

Quick Service: 
I can't remember all of them, but I will write the ones that were memorable.
Sleepy Hollow (Magic Kingdom) - Best waffle sandwiches!
ABC Commissary (Hollywood Studios) - I LOVED the quinoa salmon salad.
France (Epcot) - Great dessert and fancy grilled ham and cheese.
England (Epcot) - Delicious fish and chips.
Morocco (Epcot) - LOVED all of the food.
Last, but certainly not least, BE OUR GUEST!
We were unable to get in here for dinner (where reservations are required), but I waited for 45 minutes before they opened so we could at least have the lunch experience.
It was worth it.
We sat in the West Wing, which is dark and stormy.
Make sure you watch the portrait of the prince when a petal falls off the rose.
Besides the atmosphere (which is PHENOMENAL), the food was great (especially when compared with other quick service options).

Outside Be Our Guest before the doors opened.

In front of the rose (again, not sure about the gang signs).

The beautiful mosaic on the way out.

 As far as snacks go, there is one that is a must have - the Dole Whip.  
I stood in line for about 30 minutes to get one, and it was totally worth it. 
I got the float with a vanilla pineapple ice cream swirl.
I dream about those at night.



No comments: