Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Effing Construction

I understand that in Utah, after winter comes construction. But why are they making it almost impossible to get to my house? We have only 2 roads that bring you to the neighborhood. One of them (that will take you south) has been blocked for weeks because they are putting in a water tank. They say it may take 3 months. So we have to use the north road. Using this road wouldn't be so bad, but you cannot go south. If you follow the detour signs, you have to go about 20 blocks north to head south. This makes NO sense. So I have started to do illegal turns to go south. I hate doing it, but I can't go that far out of my way. And now they have started construction on the north road. WHY??? It has been down to one lane lately, which totally sucks. Urg. I have never been so frustrated with construction ever. Rocky and the kids went to another rodeo tonight. Why, I don't know. I was not invited. But that is just fine with me. I have had a wonderful evening to myself. I went shopping with my sister, and have been watching Grey's Anatomy, and surfing the internet. They aren't home yet, which is worrying. It is after 10:30, which is really late for my kids. They are usually in bed by 8pm. I am trying to think of anything else that is going on. I am kind of boring today. OK, new movie quote: "We're going to need a bigger boat."

5 comments:

LoriLoo310 said...

I don't know why I couldn't think of this yesterday, I just watched the movied last week.

JAWS!

Brandi Colby said...

Lori.. why do you ruin it for everyone and not give us time to guess :( So sad.

SandGs Mom said...

i would never have guessed anyway. It sounded familiar but i was thinking along the lines of omething funny.

Brandi Colby said...

I didn't know either... I just noticed that she always comments FIRST and always has the answer. Know-it-alls :)

Jen said...

That construction really is frustrating! I drove by today and saw the road blocked off. I know that we have to have it but it sure isn't fun!