Thursday, July 24, 2008

Scrapbooking Extravaganza

Yesterday, I decided to update my scrapbook. I am WAY behind. Some friends of mine have been talking a lot about the digital scrapbooking that is available. It sounded somewhat interesting, so I looked up some stuff online. At first, I was intrigued. It looks so easy, with much less supplies. Also, cheaper. Just a few clicks of the mouse, and Voila! A cute scrapbook to print out. But there were some draw backs. If you don't do high quality printing, the pictures won't be as sharp. Also, getting printing in the 12x12 size is kind of hard. I guess I could do a different size, but I happen to enjoy my 12x12 pages. I also like that it is much more environmentally friendly. You don't waste paper, no trash, and mistakes can easily be fixed. After all that research, I have decided I like the old-fashioned way better. I like keeping my hands busy, and not just clicking and dragging. I just need to time to get it done. It might be faster on the computer, but I enjoy the creativity of cutting, coloring, gluing, sewing, stamping, etc. So I will just have to suck it up, and do it. Make time for it. Another friend of mine (who is into scrapbooking the old-fashioned way like me) told me about a scrapbooking retreat. There are these houses (one in Layton and one in Provo) that you can rent and spend your day scrapbooking. It has supplies and everything. That does sound like something I need: a few uninterrupted days of scrapbooking to get me back on track. I also still am Jonesing for a Cricut (yes, I did use the term Jonesing). So if anyone knows of where I can get one for cheap (or free!) let me know! Maybe I can do some digital scrapbooking as well just for fun, and put some pages on here . . . something to think about. New quote: "I'm Captain of the Pismo Beach Disaster Relief." And could someone please beat Lori. I am beginning to think she is cheating, using some internet site to find out the answers.

5 comments:

Al said...

Clueless!

Brandi Colby said...

NOOOOOOOOOOO I knew this one!! ONe of my fav movies of all time. Sad huh???

Nici said...

woohoo! alison beat lori!

SandGs Mom said...

oooh oooh, maybe we could scrapbook instead of can jam for our girl's trip...NOT!

Brandi said...

I love scrapbooking...