Monday, July 14, 2008

No News.

So another week has gone by, and I feel like I have no news.  Summer seems to be kind of quiet.  Ciara started her Princess camp today, which she really enjoyed.  No, it is not actually Princess camp, but more of a ballet camp.  Today they learned about the Nutcracker.  Ciara told me she danced like snow, and was the best dancer there.  She gets to go back again on Wednesday, where they do another ballet.  I think she is just relieved to get to do something other than hang out with mom and Caden.  He was a mess when we dropped her off.  He kept saying, "No princess camp, no Ciara go princess camp!"  And then after she was gone, he was crying, "Need Ciara, need Ciara now!"  He has gotten so used to spending every moment with her that he was having some separation anxiety.  
On another subject, what is up with all the divorce?  Since we have moved back to SLC (about a year ago) I have had about 6 friends of mine get divorced.  Even people who I haven't seen in forever, when I run into them, they are divorced!  It is kind of scary.  I have always been so sure about Rocky, and I know that all these people must have been sure of their partners too.  So what happens?  I know that every situation is unique, and all these people have split up after different amounts of time.  So there is not one problem they are all facing.  Then I start to worry that maybe I am too confident in my marriage.  But I don't think anyone wants to doubt or question everything.  I guess when you hear of so many people splitting up, you have to start to wonder what is going on.  
I need to end this on a happier note.  Hmmmmm.  Can't think of anything uplifting.  OK, we will start a quiz for you all.  It is called "Name that movie quote."  We used to play this a work a lot.
"What say you there fuzzy britches?"  

3 comments:

LoriLoo310 said...

The Shawshank Redemption!

Julie said...

Darling new background - love it! My kids favorite movie quote: "Do you have a kiss for daddy?!"

Nici said...

That has to be from Ferris Bueller's Day Off.