Monday, July 28, 2008

Sunday

Sundays are not my favorite days. They should be, but they aren't. Church starts at 1, which just happens to be the kids nap time. So we have to drag 2 tired kids with us, and try to get them to be well behaved, which, for those of you with kids, know it is almost impossible to get tired kids to be well behaved. Then, after dealing with my children, I get to teach other peoples children. I really don't mind doing this, but yesterday was not a good lesson. I teach the 8 year-olds, and I have 11 kids in the class. Luckily, they have not all shown up at the same time. But I had 8 there yesterday. They are usually pretty well behaved. I have 2 boys that are good friends, and they do like to scuffle once in a while. But other than that, I can't complain. That was until I got a new kid. He has more energy than all of them combined. He seems to find it impossible to sit still. And he likes to yell things out in the middle of it all. He was stressing me out. He would take his shoes off, eat his paper, ask me if I had been to Lagoon, yell out random information (like, "A kid from my school is from Argentina"), crouch on his chair. He does all this during Sharing Time, which is the time all the kids are together before we divide up into our own little classes. So we go to our class, and besides teach a lesson, yesterday I was supposed to wrap a whole bunch of items for some missionaries from our ward. One girl was really good at helping me, but the boys were so not interested in wrapping. I cut my lesson short (which I don't mind doing) but then I lost complete control of the class because I was trying to wrap, and I couldn't get it done and try to entertain them at the same time. So of course, we got out of class late, which I do not like doing. I like to be done on time. I was a little stressed when we got home. Shouldn't I feel fulfilled after a day at church? Perhaps next week . . . New movie quote: "I'll have what she's having."

2 comments:

Natalie Jo said...

don't you just love primary! my first time teaching primary I was "lucky" enough to receive a class of six 9 year old boys. I am positive they delighted in making me cry. Six year later I am their sunday school teacher. So much easier to teach them now.

When Harry Met Sally. As for your comments on the myfamily site. I think I repeated every single line to Nicole!

SandGs Mom said...

maybe that kid is filled with the devil - you should suggest that to his mother. HE HE HE! I think you should wait to go back to church either a)when the kids have quit napping or b)when they change your scheduled time. That'll show them!!