Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Insomnia

It is late, and I can't sleep.  Thank goodness for laptops, and wireless networks!  And also Friends.  As I sit here typing, I am watching Season 5, episode 2, otherwise known as "The One with All the Kissing."  
I thought I would share some little known facts about myself.  First, I cry at commercials.  Especially the new Olympic ones.  You know, the one that Morgan Freeman is doing a voice-over about the guy who was running and whose father helped him cross the finish line.  That one always makes me tear up.  Another strange thing that makes me cry is horse racing.  I can't explain it, but watching the Kentucky Derby, Belmont, and Preakness make me cry.  I love watching them, and I am not crying because I feel sad for the horses.  It is just all the excitement.  There must be something wrong with me.  I also love cheezy TV.  (You may have noticed that from my "Friends" addiction.)  But it gets worse that sitcoms.  I LOVED "7th Heaven."  Even watching it, in my mind I tell myself, "This is some cheezy crap."  But I can't stop watching.  My new extremely cheezy show is "The Secret Life of the American Teenager."  This is also interesting to watch because of all the has-been actors in it.  Molly Ringwald is in it as the pregnant teenager's mom, and on the the Duke boys, from the original "Dukes of Hazard" is in it as well.  I wouldn't have recognized him, but Rocky told me who it was.  Also, Bobby from the Sopranos is in it.  The series just started, so I am only starting to get into it, but it is kind of addicting.  Why do I like this high school crap?  I have to admit I almost want to see High School Musical.  But I won't.  I don't have any kids old enough to use as a cover up.  Maybe in a few years, when they are on High School Musical 8, Ciara will be old enough.  
OK, new movie quote (apparently the last one was too easy).
"Would you like to hear this or not, Mr. Lovett?"
Oh, and Caden has a new word: dump truck.  However, when he says it, it sounds like dumb f***.  And he says this word a LOT.

5 comments:

LoriLoo310 said...

Titanic!

Nici said...

You are not giving anyone else a chance to answer!

SandGs Mom said...

lori is such a know it all. :) Poor caden, i can't wait til madison say stuff like that for seany.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you don't remember me but I went to high school with Rocky. I was really good friends with Nicole (Zimmerman) Beck. You have a very cute family. Tell Rocky hello for me.

Monica said...

I totally cry at the TV too! It's so embarressing-I try and hide it from my husband. In fact, when I come home from church and say I had a really good lesson, he alway's asks if I cried! I alway's say yes.

Is Ciara in Utah Dance for camp? I should have sent Briley to that. A girl in my ward is on Jordan's drill team. She was telling me about a camp for 3 days, then they perform at the Jordan football game-sometime in August. I'll let you know when I get more info on it, if you're interested.
Talk to you soon!