Friday, November 21, 2008

Tagged

Yes, I have been tagged.  I now am going to tell you 6 quirky things about myself.  
1.  I cannot sleep in an unmade bed.  Even if I change the sheets right before bedtime, I have to completely make the bed (make sure the sheets, blanket and comforter are all pulled right to the top) and then I neatly fold it back.  This drives Rocky crazy.  
2.  I am very particular about how I do dishes.  I didn't know that this was weird, I thought everyone did dishes like this.  My soapy water stays clean.  I do not put any dish with any kind of food in my soapy water.  No chunks, nothing.  This is just common sense to me.  But after seeing many other people do dishes, I realize this is not the case.  I also do not put a lot of stuff in the dishwasher.  Sharp knives, pots, pans, etc. do not go in the dishwasher.  They are washed by hand (in my clean soapy water).  I also HAVE to wear dish gloves.  No question about it.  Rocky's mom gets a kick out of my dish rules.  She breaks ALL of them.
3.  Certain foods on my plate are not allowed to touch.  I don't mind if my steamed veggies touch my meat or sauce.  But salad and rolls need to stay separate (preferably on a separate plate).  As do eggs and pancakes (and waffles and french toast).  
4.  It drives me crazy to let my kids wear uncoordinated outfits.  I don't mean they have to match each other, but individually I want their shirt, pants, skirt, shoes, etc. to match.  Luckily Ciara is very into matching, so I don't have to fight her on this very much.  But when Rocky dresses the kids, I have an overwhelming urge to redress them.  
5.  All my clothes are organized by color.  I have different sections for shirts, dresses and pants and skirts, but within those categories they are organized by color.  And the colors have to flow.  Red becomes purple become blue becomes green becomes brown.  
6.  I count things.  When I am on stairs, I count the steps.  I count how many swipes when I put my deodorant on.  I am almost always counting in my head.  This one makes me sound a little crazy.

7 comments:

Beebs said...

For some reason none of your "quirks" shock me! I can totally see you doing all of those. I wish I inherited some of this, cause my Mom was TOTALLY like this. Can you train me?? And I am with you on the dishwashing thing as well as on the food not touching! Food should NOT touch. Especially salad!

Nicole said...

so funny...love the counting.

SandGs Mom said...

i count too. sometimes in english sometimes in spanish. matt's with you on the bed thing - are you trying to sleep with him? ;)
Hope twilight was good. See ya!

Anonymous said...

Totally with you on the closet, and I love that you also "graduate" colors like I do! For heaven's sake, you can't have the red right next to the blue!!!!!!!

Monica said...

I have to agree with Margaret...why am I not surprised?? And I love my eggs and pancakes together!!! Yum!

Email me your email address and I'll send you an invite to my blog.
monica.rdh@hotmail.com

Jules said...

Hmm - made me feel less quirky reading this - especially about the closet thing.

Callister said...

I'm freaking out right now because I do a lot of the things that you do and have felt weird all my life about doing them. Especially the counting bit. I can tell you how much water I filled my baby's bottle with (without looking) just by the number I counted to. I'm so less quirky!