Saturday, October 22, 2011

Soccer Sucks!

I really don't think that soccer sucks.
But this had been the most frustrating soccer season I have experienced.
It is Ciara's first season, and she is actually enjoying it, which I am grateful for.
But our team has NEVER won a game.
We have become experts in the art of losing.
Yes, I understand that it isn't about winning.
It how you play the game.
But when you see how they play in practice, 
and then how they play COMPLETELY differently during games, 
I just can't seem to control the frustration.
They are aggressive during practice, steal the ball from each other, and are not afraid.
During games, if the other team has it, they back up about 5 feet and let them take control.
And yes, I keep telling myself that they are 7 and younger.
I know that it doesn't matter as long as they enjoy themselves
And they do.
But when you see all the other teams, and the skill that they ALL have, it is easy to get a bit frustrated.
Oh, and not only have we never won a game, but I am pretty sure that we have only made about 2 goals (if that) during the entire season.
Today's game was the closest game we have had: 0-2
And during those 2 goals, our goalie was hanging on the side of the goal, completely oblivious to the game.
It was rather amusing.
I would honestly just love for our team to experience winning once.
Just once.
Is that too much to ask?
Apparently so.

No comments: