Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What a Morning!

I was getting the kids ready for school this morning.
They were upstairs brushing their teeth when the doorbell rang.
(It was about 7:40 am)
We all thundered down the stairs to open it.
It was two neighbor kids.
They then told us that an orange cat had just been hit by a car.
Our cat is orange, and I had just let him outside 15 minutes previously.
I kept asking the girls where the cat was hit.
(I needed to go and make sure that it was, in fact, our cat.  There are a few orange cats around).
Both of my kids are sobbing with their toothbrushes hanging out of their mouths.
I keep trying to explain that it might not be our cat, but they don't seem to hear me.
While we are getting shoes on, Caden asks if we can get a new cat.
Ciara then says we need to give all the cat food and litter box to Amanda (a friend of ours who recently was adopted by a cat).
I keep telling the kids that we have no idea if Ty (our cat) was the one hit, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.
We did find the cat about 2 block away.
Luckily, it was NOT our cat.
(But I did see some other friends of ours walking down the street and am worried that it may have been their cat.)
Ciara is still upset that ANY cat has to go to heaven.
She was still in tears when I dropped her off at school.
And all this took place before 8 am.  
I need to go back to bed.

No comments: