Monday, August 25, 2008

Financial Planning and Sunday School

Rocky seems to have it in his head that we need to meet with a financial planner. Why????? I don't know what the rest of you all think, but I feel that this is a waste of time. I really have no desire to meet with this person, who will tell me what I already know. I really don't know what Rocky wants to accomplish with this meeting, but I am not looking forward to it. There will go at least 2 hours of my life that I will not ever get back. As many of you know, I teach Sunday School to the 8 year olds. My class has grown, and I think I have about 10 kids now. This doesn't sound like a lot, but it really is. They are loud and rowdy. The majority of them this past Sunday were boys. They would not stop talking, and yelling. Then two of the girls made the other girl upset, and then one of the boys called one of the girls a fat cow. All the other boys were congratulating him, saying, "Good one!" and high-fiving him. That pushed me over the edge. I was just flabbergasted at this. Maybe I haven't been around 8 year old boys enough, but I thought that was way over the line. I had to go and get another adult to sit in the class and keep order while I tried to teach a somewhat less spiritual lesson because I was so incensed. On a happier note, I am excited because I get to make another baby book! I made one for my sister, and I have to say, I think it turned out pretty cute. This next one is for a boy too, but with different colors. Although, could someone out there have a girl so I can make a girly one?

6 comments:

Brandi Colby said...

I'm SORRY!! Lori and I married men who don't produce girls in their families!

SandGs Mom said...

i had a girl...you had your opportunity missy. ;) Kidding. Were you waiting for that reply today at lunch? I thought of it and then thought it would be funnier to write as a comment. TEe Hee.

Nici said...

Yeah, I don't know what happened when Gracie was born. I didn't even think about making another book until Lori reminded me that I made her one. I am sorry that you didn't get one. But I guess I had to keep in even since Sean didn't get one either . . .

LoriLoo310 said...

Brandon and I met with a financial planner and it wasn't that bad. Have the meeting over lunch and they'll pay for your meal.

Don't worry, you'll get to make a girlie baby book when Brandon and I have our fifth child.

Beebs said...

Yeah 8 year old boys can be a pain!lol I know I live with one. Although mine would never dare say such an inappropriate thing, at least not while I'm around ;-) And fun with the baby book. I had no idea you did this. What kind of book do you make? Blog it when you are finished!

Nicole said...

I want to see these books too. And I feel for you with the 8 year olds. Trevor and I just got called to teach that class, together. Because it needs 2 teachers. I had someone tell me the other day that that class was a handful and that is why it needs to teachers. We had that part figured out. Oh man...but we don't have 10 kids. Just 7.