Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Have Your Cake and . . .

Have any of you all ever had a drastic change of taste? Not like taste in clothing, or decor, but actual taste of food? And to stop any suspicions, no, I am not pregnant. I used to love cake. Cake was my most favorite food. All kinds of cake (except carrot, which I do not think is cake), and especially the frosting. I used to LOVE the big globs of frosting shaped as roses sitting on top of my cake. But now, I don't like cake. It all started back in June. I had discovered this wonderful cake from Granite Bakery. They make it regular and then put a (previously) delicious chocolate draping on top of it. That was my most favorite cake. But then everyone wanted it. We had it for Caden's birthday in April, and then twice in June for my mom's and mother-in-laws birthday (twice within 4 days to be exact). I think I overdid it with this cake. After my last bout of cake, I felt a little sick. So I haven't had any since. For my aunt's birthday, she wanted the same kind of cake. So I tried to have some again. Same feeling: queasiness in my stomach. I could only eat about 3 bites and then I was done. (And those three bites didn't have any frosting). For those of you that know me, you know that this is weird. I don't think I will ever feel the same way about cake again. This makes me sad. I will miss cake. I am now moving cookies up into the number one spot on my food list. I still like some forms of cake: cheesecake (especially the Godiva one from the Factory), Nothing Bundt Cake (delicious, yummy cream cheese frosting). But cookies are my new thing. Well, not really new, since I have always loved cookies. But since cake is gone . . . Since Lori is kicking movie quote ass, I am going to have to come up with something else. Perhaps I could do some Friends trivia (since I am the Friends expert). "Wait a minute, hold the phone. You aren't talking about Chuckles University?" Who says that and what are they referring to (what is the episode about)?

5 comments:

LoriLoo310 said...

Chandler says it to Ross in regards to his first lecture. Yay me!

Brandi Colby said...

I think Loo is stalking your blog.
How in the HECK is she the first to read it??

Anywhooo... I'm sad to see cake leave your top spot. I hate icing, but hot gooey chocolate cake remains the love of my life. I will mourn your cake loss :(

Beebs said...

Very sad! But I think that it will come back to you. I am like an ice cream junkie. And sometimes I od on it. Then I take a few weeks or a month or whatever and don't eat it and then I'm back up to par with my ice cream eating. I think that it will return to you. No worries! Keep the faith!

SandGs Mom said...

OH sweet jesus, do not give up the frosting. Forget the cake but it is a sin in this family to not be obsessed with mounds of frosting.

Monica said...

I'm in the middle on cake. I never crave it, but I'll eat it only at b-day parties. I have to agree with Margaret-I love ice cream, any time! I miss Tillamook ice cream (from Oregon). It's the best ice cream ever!!!