Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ode to Indian

Every year, my mom goes to the US Open. No, not to play tennis, but to watch. As many of you know, the Open is going on right now. And we have created a new tradition when my mom is gone: get take out Indian. My mom is the only one in our family that doesn't like Indian food. The rest of us love it. So every time she leaves town, we get Indian. Last night was our Indian Fest. My favorite is the Butter Chicken. Rocky always gets Tikka Masala. I digress. Every time I have Indian I am reminded of how much I really love it. Naan is the best bread ever. Even Caden is starting to enjoy it. It was a little on the spicy side, but he kept going at it. Ciara still wasn't into it, but I am not surprised. I don't think most toddlers like Indian food. We tried lots of different restaurants in the valley; last nights feast was from the Ganesh Cuisine in Midvale. They are the second best only to the Himalayan downtown. We have also tried the Royal Indian, and the New Dehli Palace. But neither compare to Himalayan or the Ganesh.
I also wanted to post some new ballet pics of Ciara. It is definitely busy now that ballet and school have all started, but I think we are all happy. There is some routine to the day, and I no longer have to find activities for us to do.

4 comments:

Brandi Colby said...

Yummmm. Indian food is sooo good. Ciara looks adorable in that little outfit. How fun!!

Callister said...

Your kids are so cute!
I have never had Indian food, but after reading your post I think I might try it. Thanks for telling your favorites. (Food and restaraunts.)

Jen said...

I loved the pictures of Ciara...they are so cute. They are really getting good at this dancing thing aren't they?

Monica said...

As lame as it is, I have yet to try indian food! I no longer have an excuse, since you gave some really good recommendations. Next date night...
You take some great pictures!