Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Forgotten Posts

I have thought many times over the last few days about what I would post.  Every time, I would have some great discussion about some topic that had caught my attention that day.  But life would get in the way of my actually making my way to the computer, and now that I have time I have forgotten everything I was going to mention.  So I apologize if this bores you.  I promise, I had much better ideas!
Rocky and I watched "The Bucket List" the other night.  I wasn't expecting much from it, and was pleasantly surprised.  It made me contemplate my own "Bucket List."  I know that many of you may have already posted something similar, but I will not include the things I have already accomplished (such as have kids, get married, etc.) or things that I have no control over (like see my kids get married and have kids).  I know that this list will change over the years, but right now, this is what I have:
1.  Go cage diving with Great White Sharks.
2.  Go to the Kentucky Derby, wear an outrageous hat, and drink a Mint Julep.
3.  See the Great Wall of China.
4.  See the Egyptian Pyramids.
5.  Buy a pair of designer shoes (Jimmy Choo's, Manolo's).
6.  Get Lasik.
7.  Go back to visit Oman and Colombia.
8.  Attend a High School reunion (which would half accomplish #7).
9.  Learn Italian and Portuguese.
10.  Get some really nice family pictures taken.
11.  Eat at Serendipity.
12.  Go to Wimbledon.
13.  Drive a fancy sports car.
14.  Meet any of the men of my "List."  (For the final list see here.)
15.  Wear my wedding dress again.
16.  Buy a puppy (preferably a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel).
That is all I can come up with tonight.
On another topic, Ciara asked again to have her ears pierced.  She wants to go tomorrow.  I doubt whether or not this well happen.  I will let you all know.
I have also finally started to list Ciara's old clothes on Ebay.  This has been somewhat sad for me.  She has such cute clothes (at least in my opinion) and it makes me sad to give them away.  Many of you may think, "But what if you have another girl?"  I have thought about that question, and for now, there are no other children in sight.  I am perfectly happy with the status quo, and do not feel the need to change anything.  If we were to have more kids, it would be so far down the line that most of her stuff would be out of style, and I would want new stuff.  I did keep my favorites, so I am not getting rid of everything.  But if you, or anyone you know if, is interested in some cute clothes for girls, you can find me here.  If any one that reads this (or whose friends live in town) I will waive the shipping fee.  I also have a box of stuff that is unsellable on Ebay, so anyone who is interested in looking at that let me know!  I have lots more items to list, mostly in the 6-12 month size, so those will be coming up soon.
One last thing . . . here are some pics that I took of the scrapbook I made.  These are not of the one I am making now (that won't be done for some time . . . Sorry Brandi!) but they are of the one I made for my sister last year.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

LoriLoo310 said...

Ummm, did I give you permission to photograph my baby book? Yeah, didn't think so.

I'm always forgetting ideas for posts too. The memory went when the child came.

Jules said...

That is absolutely beautiful!!! I'm going to have to hire you if I ever have a baby! Actually, forget baby book. How about I just send you all my pictures I haven't scrapbooked yet and you can catch me up?

Just kidding! Like the bucket list. I'm going to have to start making one of my own.