Monday, September 22, 2008

Sunday, Bloody Sunday

Yesterday, we had our primary program.  We had practice for 3 hours on Saturday.  I was one of only 2 teachers who actually showed up to this.  It was fun.  I say that in a dead tone, since it was NOT fun.  You all are familiar with my rebellious class.  They were all there for the performance, and were quite good during the actual performance.  Ciara was adorable if I may say so.  She said both of her lines, and sang her song so well!  (Can you tell I am a little proud?)  Anyways, after the program we had to go to primary (of course).  They kids were a little wound up.  And what did the presidency do to help calm them down?  They game them cookies, and chocolate bars and Skittles.  And then sent them off to be taught by me.  WHY?????  I think it was some kind of test.  They were so rowdy.  Luckily, I have a new teacher with me, so she was there to help with crowd control.  It did help, but I was still tired after.  Thank goodness we are gone next week.
Yes, out of town again.  But this time with the whole family.  We are going to a cabin in Yellowstone.  I hope the kids enjoy it.  I am kind of afraid they might get bored.  But I could be surprised.  
Also, I have been watching a lot of 90210.  My sister has season 1 and 3 on dvd.  I am watching 3 right now, and for those of you that don't know, that is their senior year.  I haven't seen these episodes since I watched them the first time, when I was in middle school.  Last night I watched the episode where Dylan's dad gets blown up.  Dylan says a really good line while making out with Kelly: "You need a dose of Dr. Dylan's good beside manner."  This show just makes me laugh.  Jim and Cindy really have a lot to teach all of us about being good parents.  :)

4 comments:

Nicole said...

that line made me laugh. thanks for that. I haven't watched them since they were reruns when I had Jamison...so funny. Love the thing about your class. I was also dying after our primary program on Sunday...Trevor took Gavin home because he was sick so I had all the kids (plus we have one autistic boy) all by myself. So fun.

Beebs said...

Oh that's too hilarious! I should go back and watch that as an adult. lol I did watch all of Dawson's Creek over again as an adult and it was hilarious too. Anyway, good times!

Jules said...

Nici - have you watched the new 90210?

Nici said...

I haven't, but my sister told me a little about it. I am not sure if I was to watch it.