Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Dancing Baers

We finally received Ciara's dance recital DVD. (Some professional films it and then makes DVD's that the parents can buy, since we are not allowed to record the performance ourselves.) She LOVES it. We had to watch it at least 3 times yesterday, and also had to rewind her own dance about 15 times. She told me that she thinks that she is the prettiest dancer. I happen to agree. I digress. There is one dance that involves Jasmine and a prince. This prince is a dancer from Ballet West that was helping with the recital. In his dance, his shirt is off. This seems like a random statement, but it should make sense later. After Ciara had watcher her dance for the 15th time, she wanted to put her costume on and dance along with the video to show Caden. After she finished, they decided to go jump on the trampoline. A few minutes when by, and I decided to check on them. I look outside and see Caden without his shirt. Ciara is dancing around saying, "Caden, now spin me. OK, now lift me up." Caden was trying to hard to lift her up, but he just couldn't. So Ciara says, "You're too little, so I will lift you up." Ciara lifts up her brother (but not very easily since they are both the same weight) and they continue dancing. Ciara was trying to reenact the Jasmine/Prince pas de deux from the dance video. I wish I had my video camera handy. I just loved that she made Caden take his shirt off so he could be like the prince. And on a 90210 update, I just watched the infamous prom episode (you know, where Donna gets drunk). I am so looking forward to the next episode with one of my favorite chants: "Donna Martin graduates!" It was brought to my attention yesterday that I have been slacking on my movie quotes. Here is one to get you through the weekend: "You can only hear that Richard Gere gerbil story so many times before you start to believe it."

2 comments:

LoriLoo310 said...

SCREAM

Jen said...

I think that is so cute about Ciara and Caden. I can just picture the whole thing!