Thursday, August 7, 2008

Working

OK, I think I am recovered from my marathon weekend of volunteering. I bought the new Stephanie Meyer, Breaking Dawn. I was looking forward to finding out how this story would end. I will try not to reveal anything that will ruin the book for you. I couldn't put it down, but was a little disappointed. She went off in kind of a weird direction for me. It was a little too much like The Host. Not in an obvious way, but just in the level of wierdness. And why is everything happening in these next few days? I have about 4 things going on on Saturday, 3 on Monday. It just doesn't end. Plus they are working on the roads again. And Caden had a pretty bad fall at the gym today. He apparently tripped over Ciara and fell head first into the shoe cubbies. When I saw him, he had the biggest knot on the side of his forhead. They said he didn't cry for very long, and Ciara stayed with him the whole time. She loves to play mother to him. Also, I have somewhat big news. I am going back to work (kind of). It is just part time (less than 20 hours per week). And it is at the gym. Yes, I am sure some of you are laughing a little thinking of me working in a gym. But I am in the child center. No, not day care. It is very different. This center is amazing. They have a computer room, a separate room for babies (under 1), a separate room for toddlers (under 2), an inside play area, an outside play area, basketball court and lots of other things. No, it is not my dream job, but it works for now. I can bring the kids with me when I want, and they have a great time playing there already. My membership is also paid for, which is great. I just figured I am there already, might as well get paid for it! So we shall see how this goes. I am a little nervous, I haven't worked in over 4 years. But I am sure it will all go well. I have to get certified in all sorts of stuff, take lots of tests, and many other things. They are very thourough, but I do appreciate it since I have been taking my own children there for the last 5 months. We shall see how this goes . . . I realize I haven't done a movie quote in a while: "Check out the funbags on that hosehound."

2 comments:

LoriLoo310 said...

Ok, I gave ample time for someone else to chime in. But I can't stand it anymore! It's from "Dumb and Dumber."

Brandi said...

AH. I should have known that one!!! That is one of my favorite movies of all time. Sad huh??