Friday, May 2, 2008

All the Right Moves

I know, 2 blogs in one day!  But I just turned on Oprah, and Tom Cruise is on, and I am compelled to write.  
They are shooting from his house is Telluride, and of course, it is beautiful.  I have decided that those of us that live in close range to mountains take them for granted too much.  I know, we have smog, and the air makes it look gross, but they are still beautiful.
I have been on a Tom Cruise boycott since his comment about Brooke Shields.  I am putting a hold on this boycott just to see what he has to say.  I want to believe that he is misunderstood, but all he can say right now is that it came out wrong.  He is clarifying that he personally does NOT believe in prescriptions for psychological problems.  Ohhh, now we are going into Scientology.  "We're here to help."  (that is a direct quote from Tom).  Mystery solved, he does believe in God.  
I am still a little wary of Tom, and don't think I will put him back on my list (he was on my list of 5 guys I am allowed to sleep with, but after the couch jumping and the postpartum depression, I took him off my list).  I do feel bad for how much he (and Katie and Suri) has been hounded by the press.  I am sure that if I were chased around so much and recorded, I would say all sorts of stupid things.  I say them all the time, but luckily no cameras are around when I do it.  I do feel bad for all the scrutiny that was placed on them (especially Katie) during the pregnancy.  I can't imagine someone trying to find out about my Doctor's appointments, and delivery.  And I understand why they tried to keep Suri out of the press.  I guess that my boycott might be over, but he still is not back on my list.  

No comments: