Thursday, May 29, 2008

I LOVE Denver

We recently took a trip back to Denver.  I had forgotten how much I miss it.  We ate at the Smiling Moose almost everyday, had some Bonnie Brae ice cream, went to the Museum of Nature and Science, and got to play with old friends.  I have missed my friends there so much, but didn't quite realize it until I went back.  I forgot how comfortable I am just hanging out with all of them.  It was kind of hard to leave.  It was a bit difficult being in just one hotel room for 3 nights.  We tried to have Caden and Ciara share a bed, but that didn't work.  Caden is just a maniac.  He wouldn't let Ciara sleep.  So I slept with her, and Rocky tried to sleep with Caden.  Didn't work.  Caden thrashed so much he eventually fell out of the bed at around midnight.  I went and got in bed with them, and after he buried his head in my stomach, and tried to open my eyes and mouth with his fat little finger, he fell asleep.  The next morning, I immediately called down to have a crib sent up.  He slept wonderfully in that.  Both kids even took naps each day we were there.  I thought it might be impossible, but it worked.  They were both really great in the car as well.  And I have to give credit to the in car DVD player.  What a miracle.  Worked like a charm.  I have one complaint about the ride home.  Rocky forgot his wallet, so I had to drive the ENTIRE way home.  I don't recommend driving for that long.  It sucked.  On another subject. . . it amazes me how much Ciara is learning every Sunday.  She is really starting to grasp certain church ideas.  First, she was really worried about the Holy Ghost, because someone had nailed him to the wall.  I tried to explain that it was Jesus, not the Holy Ghost, and that he wasn't nailed to the wall, but to the cross.  She didn't believe me.  A few weeks later, she seemed to get the right idea, but wanted to know where the Holy Ghost lives.  I said he lives in every one's heart.  That wasn't good enough either.  She kept asking to see him, and she wanted him to come over and play.  But she did get the heart idea.  A few days later, she was laying on my chest, and looked up at me and said, "Mom, I can hear the Holy Ghost."  Now, her big thing is Jesus.  She really wants to play with him.  She was knocking on the window the other day, and she tells me, "Mom, Jesus wants to come over and play.  Can we invite him over?"  I tried to explain that Jesus is up in Heaven with Heavenly Father.  She then asks me if heaven is where you go when you die, where the angels are.  I said yes.  Which then prompts here to say, "But mom, Jesus came back.  He died, and then he came back, so why is he up in heaven."  I tried to explain that heaven is his home, but she was just so sure that he came back, and wasn't dead.  I was quite shocked that she seemed to understand the basics of the resurrection.  She still talks about inviting Jesus over to play.  And one more subject change . . . I was so excited to see Sex and the City over the weekend!  It lived up to all my expectations.  I can't wait to see it again.  If any of you haven't seen it, and need someone to see it with, let me know.  I will TOTALLY go again.

No comments: