Friday, October 17, 2008

Politics

Every election year, around this time, I become so sick of politics. The damn commercials, the debates, the news. It is just too much. And I get tired of everyone arguing about who would make a better president. I do have my own opinion, but it is just that, an opinion. So is yours. Don't try to change my mind with "facts." Most of us only know what we hear from the news, and it is not unbiased. And don't jump down my throat because I may disagree with you. Is it just me, or has it been getting more volatile every 4 years? I don't remember this much drama before the election 8 years ago. All the drama came after. Then 4 years ago it got a little worse, and this time it seems like no one can get along. Therefore, I am not going to share my opinion with you all, in hopes that you will not care who I am going to vote for. Yes, the country is kind of a mess right now, but I am not hoping that one person can fix it. I don't think there is anything that any president can do to wipe away all this mess. I am just really glad for SNL, Daily Show, and Colbert Report that can at least make me laugh at all this stuff. In an election year, they are my favorite news programs.

2 comments:

LoriLoo310 said...

One of my favorite lines is from Tina Fay playing Palin being interviewed by Katie Couric:
"Katie, I'd like to use one of my lifelines please."
"Excuse me?"
"Yes, I'd like to phone a friend."
HAHAHAHAHA!

Nicole said...

I LOVE the colbert report. so funny.