Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Well, I'm Still Here

So I survived 30. I am officially here, and am not old. I think I can deal with it. I did hyperventillate a little when at the gym. On the stair machine, it asks you to input your age. My hand trembled as I had to push the "3" first. But I got over it, and have made it through the first half of the day.
One thing I do love about my birthday (not matter what age) are the PRESENTS! This year turned out to be the year of the jewelry. I attended a Lia Sophia party with my mother in law, and she pretty much just got me every thing on my wish list. Wahoo! But I also got some great gift cards and cash, so Caden and I went to the mall. I didn't get anything too exciting with it yet, but plan to go sans kids soon. My sister threw me a surprise party with weekend, which was definitely surprising. She put some great (embarassing) pictures of my from my childhood up, and we had great Godiva Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. There was one problem with the party: my husband chose to go hunting. He missed the party. I was so sad about that. But he did try to make it up to me. He sent flowers to the gym when I was working, and he also got me New Kids on the Block tickets! I am so excited. I know that many of you think that I am a total dork for wanting to see them, but I can't help it. They were the first band I ever loved.
One other gift that deserves honorable mention is the cutest bag:

This bag is way cuter in person. Although I can't decide on the fabric. The other option I like is:

I love them both. But I think I almost want the black, since I do not have a cute black bag. There was also many other gifts that I loved as well, so thank you to everyone who remembered, and those who came to the party. I have decided that 30 isn't so bad, and that I might actually enjoy myself!

4 comments:

cher said...

Yea! Happy Birthday! Trust me girl, 30 is NOT old! (What would it say about me if it was?? There is no option!) Just so you know, I think that everyone permanently feels how they did in college. I'm still waiting to feel like an official adult. Still waiting...

SandGs Mom said...

IT's not just 30, it is dirty thirty. :)

Monica said...

Happy Birthday! I'll be there soon, and I seriously try not to think about it. But it does make me feel better knowing it's not "so bad".
Sounds like you got hooked up! I love both bags, either way, you'll be stylin!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to you! I just celebrated my birthday and we had our anniversary just a couple of weeks ago so I always have those two occasions close like you. Enjoy!