Sunday, October 5, 2008

Thirty

This past week, Rocky and I celebrated out 8th anniversary. In the grand scheme of things, this doesn't sound like a lot of time, but I really can't believe I have been married so long. I have to say how happy I am that I married him, and even though he does drive me crazy sometimes, I feel happy every day. I need to get some of our wedding photos scanned onto here to reminisce. The other thing that happens 8 days after my anniversary is my birthday. I am usually really excited about my birthday (it is my favorite holiday) but this year I am more anxious about it. If you didn't already know, I am turning 30. Even as I write that number I have to cringe a little. I know that most of you will say, "30 isn't that old, get over it." And I know that. I think once I am there, it won't be that big of a deal. But anticipating it sucks. My sister and her friends used to use the number 30 as the biggest number. If someone was gone for a long time, they would say, "They were gone for like 30." Coincidentally, I am watching the episode of Friends where they all turn 30. I used to watch Friends and think, "Well, I am younger than all of them." Now I watch and think, "I am the same age." For some reason this depresses me. I think the reason I feel so weird about 30 is that I really don't feel so different from when I was in college. I expected to feel all adult and mature at 30, but I still feel like the same girl who streaked across the U (it was around 3 in the morning, and no one was around). I have decided that all of my future birthdays will be 27. I am going to turn 27 every year.

3 comments:

Beebs said...

Happy Birthday! I'm much younger than you, I'm turning 25 this year;-) Let's just all now say that 40 is the oldest. lol

Jules said...

The part about the streaking left me in hysterics! I totally forgot about that! I hope no one has any incriminating evidence..

J Z said...

I hope that you find that 30 really isn't that bad...I am only 23 in my mind...so I quess that you are older than I am.