Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Honeymoon is NOT Over.

I am not referring to my marriage.  I am talking about my new gym.  I just joined, and have been loving it.  I have been going 4 times a week.  I love the classes, I love the locker room, and I love the child center, and the fact that my dues pay for my child care.  Yesterday, after getting ready quickly (because I have to go and pick up Ciara from school) I threw my stuff together and raced out.  Later that night, I realized that I had left all my make-up, hair brushes, and new hair product at the gym.  This may not sound like a big deal to many, but for me it was.  When I say all my make-up, I mean EVERYTHING.  Brushes included.  All I could think was how much this was going to cost to replace.  I was so stressed all night long, I didn't sleep very well.  Rocky had to give me the lecture on how dumb it was so have make-up that is so expensive, but what can I say? He is a guy, and just doesn't understand.  I have been using Bare Minerals, and love it all (except for the mascara).  And that stuff is just pricey.  And brushes are expensive no matter where you get them.  I was certain that some one had just taken it.  I guess I don't have much faith in humanity.  But, lo and behold, I went to the gym this morning, and they had my stuff!  The girl that brought it out explained that she hadn't put it in the regular lost and found, but kept it locked up.  Thank you so much, gym-worker girl, for taking such great care of my stuff!  And I still LOVE Lifetime Fitness.  
On a different note, I had to go to the dentist today.  I have my first cavities.  It was not a good experience.  I am still all numb.  While being numbed with the shot, the dentist got my nerve, so my tongue it all weird now.  And the drilling is so noisy.  I just hate teeth.  I am dreading the day when the kids' baby teeth start to fall out.  That creeps me out.  I hate loose teeth.  

4 comments:

Natalie Jo said...

Hi nici! It is fun to see what you are up to since it has been ages since I saw you last!! I would be freaking out if I left my makeup at the gym. (if I went to the gym!) I can totally hear rocky saying that! You are so lucky that they put it in a safe place!! Lots of my friends go to that gym. They love it...

Bill Page said...

congrats on joing us crazy gym rates. i have started going so much they people at the front desk keep making fun of me saying I am going to be working there soon. I hear ya about the make up. i would be in a mental state of craziness if i left my make up anywhere!!!

Callister said...

I'm sooo glad you got all your stuff back! I wouldn't have slept well either. Custom made make-up is the only way to go.

Nicole said...

gyms are the best aren't they??? I love going and love the child care and all the people (and that they know me and my kids). and you really get ready there???? and i LOVE bare minerals as well...