Friday, April 11, 2008

Little Miss Princess

Yesterday, Ciara went to her first birthday party.  Well, not really her first, but it was the first where she got the invitation from her friend from school.  The other parties she has been to have pretty much been my friends who have kids her age.  
So this was a pretty big deal for Ciara.  The party was at Sweet and Sassy, which made me a little wary.  I have heard about these parties, and the one thing that I was a little wary of was the walking on the catwalk part.  But it was so fun, and Ciara had a blast.  The first thing they did was pick out a princess dress.  Ciara insisted on the purple one (everyone else picked a pink one, or a Cinderella blue one).  Then they got their nails painted, and their hair done up like a princess and make-up, etc.  All the girls went up on the stage/catwalk and danced.  They did the Hokey Pokey, and the Chicken Dance, and then the limbo.  Then each of the little girls got to walk down the catwalk, and they announced the kingdom they came from, what the rules were, favorite activities, and princess pet.  I can't remember Ciara's kingdom, but the rule was to always have fun.  Her favorite princess activity is to dress up, and her princess pet is her fish Sophie.  Then she got to get her princess crown.  I think she thought she was in heaven.  I will have to post pictures, because it was just too cute!  I am afraid that her party tomorrow will pale in comparison.  I was so surprised at how grown up she looked with her hair up.  It was a little scary.   She really is becoming a little lady.  And I love to see her interact with her friends.  They were all hugging when they saw each other (the had just come from school together, so it wasn't like they hadn't seen each other in a while) and then they were dancing while holding hands.  It was just so fun, and it made me think of all my friends when I was little.  I hope that she can have a great of friends as I did at that age.

1 comment:

Callister said...

What a great memory for her!