Monday, April 7, 2008

One more try

I have decided to give this blogging thing another try.  It didn't go so well the first time.  Maybe I will have more to say. . . 
Today is Caden's second birthday.  I really cannot believe it has been two years since he was born.  I can still remember how ready I was for him to come out, but so upset over decisions that I had to make.  The Dr. new that Caden was going to be a large baby, and was planning on inducing me until they did one more ultrasound.  According to the ultrasound, he was going to be around 10 1/2 lbs.  After she saw this, my Dr. started to try to convince me to have a c-section.  I knew that I didn't want one, and that I could get this baby out.  But when a professional starts to tell you horror stories of brain damage, and paralyzed limbs, you start to worry.  So we decided to listen to her and to have the c-section.  It did make me a little angry, however, when we got to the hospital.  They made us sign all this stuff saying that this was an "elective" c-section.  I tried to argue with them, since this was NOT my first choice, and that this was not for fun.  But that didn't matter and we had to sign the forms.  I still do not consider his birth "elective."  I told the Dr. that if he was under 10 lbs. I was going to be so angry that I agreed to let them cut me up.  He ended up being 9 lbs. 14 ozs.  I guess that is close enough to 10 lbs.  Although I do believe that I could have done it the "regular" way.  From the beginning, he was the best baby I could have asked for.  He was so relaxed, and slept great right from the start.  He always ate a lot, and he smiled the day we brought him home from the hospital.  I know many of you don't believe me, but my mother was there, and she saw it as well.  He has grown into the cutest boy I have ever seen, full of energy, and with the deepest voice you will ever hear on a 2 year old.  I am getting all teary just thinking of him.  One thing about having a son scares me: it is when he meets some other girl who will take him away from me.  I know he will always be my son, but it won't be the same, and it shouldn't be the same.  But that is a ways off, for now at least.  
So Happy Birthday Caden!  I thank God for bringing you into my life.

2 comments:

Callister said...

Hey Nici! So glad you're back up and running on the blog front. Now get some pictures of your cute kids on here. Visit my blog anytime. If it's okay by you, I'm adding you to my friends list.

Nicole Foust Callister

Nicole said...

they have grown up fast huh? the past two years have flown by....