Thursday, April 24, 2008

Running

I have become a true exerciser.  I have decided that I actually like to exercise.  This is a new thing for me.  I was a dancer my whole life until I went to college.  Dancing was my exercise, but it never felt like exercise.  It was just fun.  Well, you can imagine the weight I gained after I stopped dancing.  And I was never able to find anything as fun as ballet.  Exercise sucked.  Also, I hate to sweat.  I know, I know.  Rocky makes fun of me constantly for this.  This used to be another reason I didn't exercise.  So I just didn't do it.  Until about a month ago.  Since we have joined a gym, I have become an "exercise convert." I have discovered that I actually feel better after I do it.  I know that every says this, and I used to think that they were crazy.  But now, I am a believer!  Although, there is one kind of exercise that I just haven't been able to handle, until today!  It is running.  Most of you may know, that I HATE running.  I just don't get the point.  Today, after walking for a while, I decided that it just wasn't enough.  So I decided to run.  And I did, and I liked it.  Strange . . .  I feel like the guy from Green Eggs and Ham.  You know, the one that Sam is trying to force him to eat the green eggs and ham, and he keeps refusing.  Anyway, you get the point.  Now, I didn't run for very long (what can I say, I am still a wuss).  But I was still about to run on and off for 30 mins.  It was quite liberating.  Although, I do need to invest in a better sports bra.  There are all sorts of things that have developed as I have gotten older.  First, it was starting to like fish, then broccoli, (but I don't think I will EVER like tomatoes) and now running.  I must be maturing . . .

4 comments:

Jules said...

That is awesome! I admit, I've become a running fan myself. I started a couple of years ago, and you're right! You feel much better after you've done it. Keep it up!

Brandi said...

See!! I told you... you just have to do it. Feels so great huh? Congrats girl!!

Nicole said...

Funny because when I read that you joined a gym I laughed because I know you hate to sweat so it got me off guard....but is addicting. and I used to hate running as well...but it does make me feel so good. and i just got a new sports bra and it has been amazing. love the good ones.

Jen said...

I am so proud of you! I am glad you are enjoying this new venture so much! And by the way - you look great.