Monday, April 14, 2008

Imagination

Ciara seems to have a pretty vivid imagination.  Lately, she has been talking about "Alison."  Alison is her imaginary friend/child.  Not too long ago, Alison was big enough to go to school.  But a few days ago, Alison became a baby again, and went back into Ciara's stomach.  She apparently will be born on Ciara's birthday.  Previously, Ciara has told us that she has snuck out of the house, stole the car, and drove Alison to sign up for dance class.  Alison also seems to be in trouble a lot.  Most days, if you ask Ciara where Alison is, she will tell you that she is sitting in the corner.  I have decided that Alison is Ciara's alter-ego.  Alison does all the bad stuff that Ciara wishes she could get away with.  Caden is also getting a pretty good imagination.  All his stuffed animals cry.  He holds one up and says, "Cry, cry."  Then he has to give it hugs, and kisses.  Then we go through the whole thing again.  Where do kids get their imaginations?  And why do we lose them?  I guess reality sets in, and we forget how to dream.  
Ciara has also become a clean freak.  Before the birthday party on Saturday, my mom was cleaning the outside furniture.  Ciara decided that she wanted to help.  So she starts cleaning.  They were finished, but Ciara was not.  Everything was clean, but Ciara kept telling my mom that they needed to keep cleaning, because everything was filthy.  My mom finally got Ciara to stop cleaning, but as I was putting her to bed, she tells me, "Mom, I need to go over to the neighbors house to clean because it is FILTHY over there!"  

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I definitely think she takes after you...no doubt about it!

Monica said...

Filthy? That's so funny-she obvioulsy heard that word from someone... :) I love it, Briley will do and say things like that too.

It's a good think Ciara isn't like Alison. Maybe she'll get it out of her system through her friend... lets hope so!

Love your blog-it's great!

Monica said...

PS: I love Desperate Housewives!

Jules said...

That is so funny! You should ask her if "Alison" is a clean freak as well.

LoriLoo310 said...

Hahaha, your daughter is neurotic like the rest of us. Caden just might have a chance at being normal, but I'm afraid it's too late for Ciara.